The King Ranch® Institute for Ranch Management recruits mature and experienced students for its program. We encourage recent B.S. graduates to obtain at least 2 years of work experience in the ranching business before applying to KRIRM. We accept applications between January 1st and March 31st each year, and selection of new students is held in April. New students begin classes in August, and kick off the program with the John B. Armstrong Lectureship on Systems Thinking the second week of August. KRIRM graduates will receive a Master’s of Science degree in Ranch Management upon completion of the 2-year graduate program.
The application process to the KRIRM is two-fold:
- Students must first be accepted into the KRIRM program by an appointed subcommittee and KRIRM’s Management Council
- Students must then be accepted into the College of Graduate Studies at Texas A&M University-Kingsville. Students must apply to TAMUK through the TAMUK Office of Admission (link to http://www.tamuk.edu/admission/) and submit their Texas Online Application (link to applytexas.org), official copy of all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts, and GRE scores.
If you are interested, please provide the following:
- A cover letter introducing yourself, describing your background, and explaining why you are interested in a ranching career
- Official copy of all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- GRE score
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
Send application materials to:
Dr. Clay Mathis
King Ranch® Institute for Ranch Management
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
700 University Blvd., MSC 137
Kingsville, Texas 78363