Human Resource Management for Ranchers
June 9-10, 2017
$300 – Covers materials, equipment, refreshments and lunches.
Noble Research Institute
Ardmore, OK 73401
Mention “Noble Event” to receive discounted rates.
Hilton Garden Inn
Ardomore, OK 73401
Ardmore, OK 73402
Ardmore, OK 73401
The Human Resource Management for Ranchers Lectureship will focus on managing the people in the ranching business including leadership, supervision, coaching and hiring. This lectureship will include training in concepts of workforce planning. It is designed to build the skill-set of ranch managers so they can plan for, understand, and successfully lead current and future employees of the ranch.
This lectureship will be held jointly with the Noble Research Institute, LLC in Ardmore, Oklahoma. Noble Research Institute is an independent nonprofit agricultural research organization dedicated to delivering solutions to great agricultural challenges. It was founded by Lloyd Noble, an Oklahoma oilman and philanthropist, in 1945 as The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation to advance agriculture and land stewardship.
- Understand the value of identifying the future direction of the ranch and its workforce needs
- Build skills in developing position descriptions, establishing performance expectations, and employee accountability
- Learn effective recruitment, interviewing, and hiring procedures
- Identify employee training and development needs
- Develop leadership skills for all workforce members
- Learn supervisory and coaching skills including motivating employees and providing feedback
- Understand labor laws impacting ag worker employment
- Learn complexities and components of the total benefits package
Senior Consultant, Dairy Strategies, LLC
Professor Emeritus, Cornell University